You can find the ESP32 Development Board on Banggood at a discounted price for the next few days. If you’re familiar with the ESP8266, the ESP32 is its sucessor. The ESP32 is loaded with lots of new features, the two most important: it combines WiFi and Bluetooth wireless capabilities and it’s dual-core.
I recommend reading our Getting Started with ESP32 Dev Module which gives you a general overview of the board and how to blink your first LED using the Arduino IDE.
Features and Specifications
Here’s a quick run down of some features and specifications of the ESP32 chip:
- Wireless connectivity
- WiFi: 150.0 Mbps data rate with HT40
- Bluetooth: BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and legacy Bluetooth
- Processor: Tensilica Xtensa Dual-Core 32-bit LX6 microprocessor, running at 160 or 240 MHz
- ROM: 448 KB
- SRAM: 520 KB
- Low Power: ensures that you can still use ADC conversions, for example, during deep sleep.
- Peripheral Input/Output: peripheral interface with DMA that includes capacitive touch, ADCs (Analog-to-Digital Converter), DACs (Digital-to-Analog Converter), I²C (Inter-Integrated Circuit), UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter), SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface), I²S (Integrated Interchip Sound), RMII (Reduced Media-Independent Interface) and PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation).
- Security: hardware accelerators for AES and SSL/TLS
- Arduino IDE compatible: some of the features aren’t ready yet, but you can program the ESP32 with the Arduino IDE (Windows and Mac OS X installation instructions)
Recommended reading: ESP32 Web Server with Arduino IDE
You can also find the ESP32 at a lower price on eBay, but the shipping might not be included for your country and that will increase the final price of your order. However, on Banggood the ESP32 has shipping included.
Looking for more great deals on electronics and tools? Make sure you subscribe here to catch upcoming deals and score some extra savings on your favorite gear!
[Recommended Course] Learn ESP32 with Arduino IDE
Register in our brand new ESP32 course with Arduino IDE. This our complete guide to program the ESP32 with Arduino IDE, including projects, tips, and tricks! The registrations are open, so sign up now.